Friday 27 March 2015

"Speed Dating"

On Friday 20th, we went to Salesians College, the local boys school (gasp), to do French speed dating or "conversational exchange" as the teachers liked to call it.
We each had to spend two minutes talking to a boy in French as our teachers laughed at us. I managed to embarrass myself in as many ways possible but still managed to walk out with my head held high (ish).
Overall it was a great experience and I did learn from it. I slowly became more confident throughout the process and felt like I could say more about myself without stuttering or letting out a nervous giggle. Unfortunately, some of the boys didn't feel as comfortable as I did and were really awkward when I tried to start conversations with them. At least we knew we weren't the only ones who were scared.
Well it was fun as well as mortifying.... A bientot!

4 comments:

  1. I saw you across the hall, you were looking amazing, would love to meet up for a cup of coffee, my treat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hands off i saw her first x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hands off i saw her first x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so I notice you didn't take up my offer on a cup of coffee, I was a little disheartened at first, but I realized that I have to fight for your love, so I am going to ask you to accompany me for tea and scones in the lyons estate on a Saturday afternoon, and then maybe come over to my house and 'chill',
    yours sincerely,
    Eoin O'Dwyer

    ReplyDelete